How does peer goal-setting before Daily 5 increase student cognition?

To access the beginning of my Action Research Process use the archives on the right hand side of the screen. My blog lists posts from newest to oldest.



Monday, January 30, 2012

Critical Thinking ?s #1

•What is the one thing you wish you had know before you start your inquiry process?

-I wish that before starting the inquiry process I would have known my learners. When I began the inquiry process I was gauging my knowledge on research and past experience. While these combined tools can be very powerful, each class has their own personality and perspective.

I am not sure that my process would have changed. However, I would be interested to have gathered a baseline on students participating in Daily 5 without a Critical Friend.

•What resources have you encountered that has contradicted your action research?

While "The Sisters" do not contradict my philosophy we have different philosophies. I see my most powerful teaching time with students to be during guided reading and the students' peers. I feel as though if I were to set their goal for them or with them each time their reflection would be too teacher guided rather than a motivation for the student. I also, am not ready to give up my guided reading time to meet with students in such a structured manner as "The CAFE" would suggest.

1 comment:

  1. I really admire that you would stick to your philosophy and not compromise your guided reading time.

    ReplyDelete